*This is a RECERT class that operates all day on a Saturday and/or Sunday.
Classes Start at 7:58am and end around 4:00pm
Please contact us for class schedule and availability.
Lethal Weapons certification, officially known as PA Act 235, is mandatory for all privately employed persons who utilize any type of a lethal weapon in the performance of their work.
Lethal Weapons Training Academy is a state certified center for PA Act 235 Renewals.
Information can be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police Lethal Weapons Training Program Website.
Registration Requirements for PA Act 235 Recertification
NOTE: We must receive 50% deposit, state letter of eligibility, and completed application before you will be put on roster.
1. Pre-register for course with a 50% deposit.
2. Balance of registration fee due no later than first day of course.
3. Student must have letter of approval from state Lethal Weapons Training Commission. This course can not be attended while papers and approval are being processed by the state.
4. All students will furnish the following equipment for the first day of class:
• Highlighter pen
• Good belt capable of retaining equipment
• Good belt holster
• Serviceable handgun + 200 rounds of factory ammo
• Current Title 18 PA Crimes Code
Shotguns will be furnished by the Lethal Weapons Training Academy.
All required shotgun ammunition will be furnished by Lethal Weapons Training Academy.
Class Size – 20 Participants
Basic Class (40 Hours) $300
Recert Class (8 Hours) $100
Basic Class w/o Firearms $250
Renewal Class w/o Firearms $60
Upgrade Basic to Complete Firearms $160
Pa Crimes Code Book $40