This 2-day class is designed for the student who desires to become more proficient and dynamic with their handgun. This class is a natural progression from the Handgun 201 course.
The students will review all of the material and techniques covered in Handgun 201, with emphasis again on safety under all conditions.
Each student will have to display proficiency in all the techniques from Handgun 201 before moving on to Handgun 301.
The class will cover shooting on targets at unknown distances from different positions, shooting on targets while the shooter is mobile, individual cover and movement, use of existing light, firing with a flashlight, cornering techniques, searching techniques for your house and a lot more.
The practical application aspects of this course will incorporate all of the techniques that are covered in the class. It will also include use of a vehicle and our 360 degree live fire shooting house.
This is a 14 hour class that is held at our training facility in Crawford County, Pennsylvania over two consecutive days. The average breakdown of this course is approximately 90% weapons manipulation & range time and 10% classroom.
This course is NOT suitable for the grossly unfit, it is very demanding both physically and mentally.
|1. Gun safety review ( discussion )
2. Principles of marksmanship( discussion )
3. Range rules ( discussion )
4. Static dry fire individual coaching
5. Live precision fire individual coaching
6. Timed draw and fire
7. Speed reloading ( discussion )
8. Static dry speed reloading
9. Live fire speed reloading
10. Tactical reloading ( discussion )
11. Static dry tactical reloading
12. Live fire tactical reloading
13. Malfunction clearance drills & discussion
|14. Static dry malfunction clearance drills
15. Live fire malfunction clearance drills
16. Fire on the move ( discussion )
17. Static dry fire on the move
18. Live fire on the move
19. Multiple targets ( discussion )
20. Multiple targets live fire
21. Multiple targets live fire on move
22. Individual cover and movement ( discussion )
23. Live fire individual cover and movement
24. Flash light techniques ( discussion )
25. Live fire flash light techniques
26. Practical application drill w/ vehicle & house
- Good Serviceable handgun
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Strong side hip holster
- 600 rounds ammunition minimum
- Knee & elbow pads (optional)
Suitable for both Law Enforcement and Private Citizens